1) Does the introduction discuss the
two professions being compared?
2) Does the essay compare and contrast the two professions
3) Does the writer define the profession, discussing
what type of work or activities the profession involves?
4) Does the essay discuss 3 or 4 career clusters that
the test revealed?
5) Does writer examine the the requirements, training,
coursework required to enter the particular profession?
6) Does writer examine the various types of careers
that exist within your field of study?
7) Does writer discuss what types of jobs might one
find in your field of study?
8) Does writer use sentences and phrases that are clear
and understandable to the particular audience?
9) Does writer support his/her ideas with specific
details and examples, avoiding sentences or ideas that
are vague or lack detail?
10) Does writer use only the necessary words and phrases
needed to convey the message?
11) Does writer construct paragraphs or ideas that
follow one another in a logical order?
12) Does writer use varied sentences that lack repetition
13) Does writer use professional and sophisticated
language, that is, language that has a professional
14) Does writer avoid misspellings, grammatical problems,
or other inaccuracies.